If you want to put quality into your recording studio setup without burning through your wallet in a flash, the best audio interface is a must have in your recording gear
In the ever-developing electronic period, audio interfaces are available in so many variants that it is impossible to tell which one accommodates you best. Some are too expensive for what you would need, some are affordable but low in quality, accordingly.
Knowing your urgent demand, we are here to help! Feel free to browse through our list of the best audio interface under 200 dollars. Each product will boost your sound quality to the max without requiring a fortune!
- 9 Best Audio Interface Under 200 In 2021
- 1. Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen Audio Interface - Best For Simple Setup
- 2. Behringer UCA202 U-Control Ultra - Best Value For Money
- 3. Steinberg UR22C MKII Audio Interface - Best For Software
- 4. PreSonus AudioBox Audio Interface - Best For Mobility
- 5. Behringer UMC22 Computer Audio Interface - Best Mic-Preamp
- 6. Moukey Audio Interface - Best For Fast Connectivity
- 7. EVO 4 USB Audio Interface Sound Card - Best For New Users
- 8. RØDE AI-1 USB Audio Interface - Best For Headphone Tuning
- 9. M-Audio AIR 192|6 Audio Interface - Best For Multi-Tasking
- Last Words
9 Best Audio Interface Under 200 In 2021
1. Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen Audio Interface - Best For Simple Setup
For those who are new to sound adjusting devices, the Focusrite Scarlett Solo poses no difficulty. With this audio interface in hand, setting up your rig for studio-quality recordings has never been easier.
Right from the start, this item includes all inputs in one interface: a 48V phantom power transmission for condenser microphones, a headphone jack, and an audio jack that is compatible with all your instruments!
The audio interface uses a USB connection for quick and straightforward attachments. All you have to do is plug your guitar or computer straight in, and you are ready to start recording!
Moreover, the audio modification works through rotating knobs, ensuring fluid and effortless adjustments during your recording process.
However, one knob controls both your headphone’s volume and the device’s volume, making it less customizable.
- Straightforward design
- Simple audio control knobs
- Multiple audio inputs
- No separate volume control for the headphone and the monitor
2. Behringer UCA202 U-Control Ultra - Best Value For Money
This product is the most affordable one on our list, but its quality is comparable to that of any expensive one. For a literal fraction of the standard audio interface price, you can gain access to high-quality audio output for your instruments.
The product is especially valuable for people who are still using old and affordable audio devices since it still offers an optical output, saving them from spending extra on adapters.
Buyers beware that the product is not the most up-to-date version on the current market and lacks updates, so it does not support modern technology too well.
- Compatible with old devices
- Very affordable
- Relatively high audio output
- Lack of software support
3. Steinberg UR22C MKII Audio Interface - Best For Software
Products with full software optimization such as the Steinberg UR22C MKII will provide an incomparable user experience. Outside of the strong hardware, this item comes packed with a brand exclusive Cubase AI software!
The first award-winning feature acts as a one-stop solution for any audio configuration. It supports up to 32 audio tracks, 16 instruments, and 16 inputs at once, saving you time and effort without satisfying quality!
“Wondering if your audio software will work with this item?” We can confidently inform you that the UR22C is fully compatible with the majority of audio software available.
The complex software is reasonably hard to set up, especially for first-time users, so we suggest watching the installation video beforehand.
- Supporting countless audio configurations
- Full compatibility with most audio software
- All in one brand exclusive software
- Difficult to set up
4. PreSonus AudioBox Audio Interface - Best For Mobility
People who want a reliable audio interface to travel with will enjoy the PreSonus AudioBox as their companion.
Weighing at only 2 pounds, this unit is comfortable to carry around. The minimalist design packs only necessary inputs, keeping the product from bulging out too much.
Electronics are known to break easily under impact, but not for the AudioBox! This metal box is reinforced with a heavy-duty steel chassis, ensuring no drops and kicks can damage it.
This product is almost a perfect choice if not for its weak optimization for desktop computers.
- Compact design
- Impact resistance
- Lacking compatibility with stationary devices
5. Behringer UMC22 Computer Audio Interface - Best Mic-Preamp
If you are looking for a product that is most effective at enhancing your microphone’s performance, the U-PHORIA UMC22 is a no-brainer.
It is the only audio interface on this list to introduce the state-of-the-art Mic-preamplifier made by the award-winning Midas brand. Without a doubt, this powerful amplifier will take your vocal and instrument to the next level.
Thanks to the Midas-designed mic-preamp, this amazing audio interface allows you to immediately start recording perfect vocal and instrumental tracks directly to your computer, needing no extra tuning!
Unfortunately, the powerful hardware does not come with much software, only one right out of the box.
Another benefit of the UMC22 is its convenient monitoring system. It allows direct monitor select, which means users can see their mic performance with clarity.
- World-famous Midas mic-preamplifier technology
- Tracks are recorded directly to the computer
- Great monitoring system
- Minimal software support
6. Moukey Audio Interface - Best For Fast Connectivity
The Moukey Interface is here for people who want an interface that can transfer their audio files in a flash.
It introduces the latest USB 3.0 connection technology, which greatly improves the transmission speed of audio files to your computer and minimizes the loss rate during each recording.
Not only that, but the device also has a modern USB-C power input. “Out of battery?”, plug it in, and the ultrafast charging speed will fill up the product in no time.
One drawback we found during usage is the lack of an on/off control for the monitor, making your vocal repeat itself if you use a microphone.
Additionally, no driver installation is necessary.Plug the product in with computers, phones or tablets and start using with ease.
- Modern 3.0 USB connection
- Fast type C charging input
- Plug-and-play feature
- No volume on and off switch
If you love this type C, We've a dedicated buying guide just to suggest the best USB-C audio interfaces.
7. EVO 4 USB Audio Interface Sound Card - Best For New Users
Many first-timers may be intimidated by the intricate-looking audio boxes with a complex control system. People getting used to the interface will be comfortable with the EVO 4 Sound Card.
It features sparse details; only essential buttons are present to operate the device. There is also only one multifunctional rotary unit to adjust everything from the volume to the amplifiers.
It is also very compact, giving you more space for other audio tuning devices to practice with this interface.
Overall, this is an ideal first device for home recording and streaming. Long-term or professional users may want to move to more featureful units.
- Easy to follow and operate
- Perfect introduction to audio interfaces for newcomers
- Compact design
Only suitable for basic use
8. RØDE AI-1 USB Audio Interface - Best For Headphone Tuning
The RØDE audio interface will be a great addition for people tuning their audio files through headphones. It offers separate studio-quality headphone output and full volume adjustment for both left and right ears.
With its premium Neutrik audio jack input and a customized A-Class preamplifier, your microphone connection will be crisp and latency-free.
For that reason, the device only works in conjunction with headphones and does not offer further tweaking with other auditory devices.
- Fully adjustable headphone settings
- High-quality headphone output
- No-latency mic connection
- Limited use
9. M-Audio AIR 192|6 Audio Interface - Best For Multi-Tasking
Are you working with two instruments at once? If you nod your head, the M-Audio AIR is the right product for your needs! It offers up to two simultaneous instrument connections with fully separate controls for volume and tuning.
Are you interested in a duet? The interface also has two microphone jacks with some modifications to keep track of each vocal setting.
This is also a life-saver if you have MIDI gears laying around. Unite up to 5 of them into one with the interface 5-pin in and out connections.
Light-users beware as this device eats up a hunk of power for each use, so a strong electric outlet is necessary.
- Dual instrument and microphone inputs
- Full volume control for every connected devices
And that was my in-depth review of the best audio interface under 200 buck on the market. Overall, this niche equipment will help you tremendously in providing the best audio quality and various beautiful tuning.
For further questions about this topic, feel free to leave us a comment below, and thank you all for spending your time reading this review!